Join us for a four hour guided tour at the beautiful Norddalsfjord and the hidden Tafjord. Quiet and exclusive, without cruiseships and big boats.
This is a round trip starting and stopping in Valldal. We paddle along the Syltefjellet mountain and enter the hidden Tafjord. A unspoiled and quiet UNESCO world heritage, part of the West Norwegian fjords. We pass the two villages, Vika and Fjørå. From Fjøra we cross the fjord and paddle over to Osvika, an old farm located at the shoreline. Here we enjoy our delicious lunch and the scenery. The final part goes back to Valldal along the other side of the fjord. On the return we experience the meeting between the old society and the modern fishing industry, as well as a majestic waterfalls. Are we lucky, we spot a eagle or a porpoise.
During the tour our guide will give you local history-, culture- and nature-knowledge, and make sure you can relax and enjoy the tour.
This is a perfect tour for both beginners and experts. Just long enough and in lovely surroundings.
Things to bring;
Bring windproof- and waterproof jacket for better heat and comfort. A warm sweather of fleece or wool, hat and gloves could be smart to bring. Cap, sunglasses and sunscreen are recommended if it’s sunny. Bring a bottle of water and camera.
You get wet-suite, kayak, paddle, spray skirt, life jacket and dry-bag.
- Visit Stranda reserves the right to change or cancel activity due to river or weather conditions - customer will not be charged.
- Visit Stranda reserves the right to refuse customer participation if one does not meet our participation requirements - the customer is charged 100%.
- The trip can be cancelled or relocated if there are not enough participants to complete the activity – in this case, customer will not be charged.
- Cancellation is free of charge if it is done at least 2 weeks before the activity.
- If a total cancellation is 1-2 weeks before the activity, 50% of the booking will be charged its total value.
- If the total cancellation is less than 1 week before the activity, or the absence of attendance, the guest is charged 100% of the booking's total value.